*Updated October 19, 2020
Back in Phase 1, OKF clubs were permitted to remain open provided athletes were training for competition. Sports clubs in the area (i.e. gymnastics) remained open under an amendment through Sport Canada. As an OKF member, we fall under this amendment as a part of Sport Canada via Karate Canada.
Legal council of the OKF has recently replied to the membership concern with the following, “the exemption made in phase one and is not obliterated or removed by phase 2 regulations”. Therefore, unless there is a direct announcement cancelling this amendment, NOX Dojo will remain open.
If you a member of the Ontario Karate Federation, you can continue to train at NOX Dojo since we would fall under the Sport Canada/Karate Canada umbrella of competition sport. To join the OKF you must register here:
Important: Our membership with the OKF is under Club Seiryu.
- OKF membership is required if you want to train in group classes at at the dojo during the 28 day Phase 2 rollback.
- Members who participate in virtual/private classes do not need to join OKF but it is recommended.
- OKF membership is by calendar year. Since it is late in the year, NOX Dojo will pay for half of the registration fee you request it. I believe the fee is only $26.99.
- If you need help with sign up, a team manager will be able to help you.
- Class sizes at NOX Dojo has been reduced only 10 participants.
- No spectators are permitted during the phase 2 rollback.
- *Family classes are now scheduled for Tuesday @ 7:40 and Thursday @ 8:15
Membership benefits for the OKF can be found here: https://www.ontariokarate.org/benefits_member. Likely the most beneficial item for the majority of dojo members would be the general liability and accident insurance.
Most of the active athletes at the dojo are competitive, therefore all classes will be considered a sport training class during the phase 2 rollback. We are currently training for the AAU Nationals in August and MCO Championships in November. These events are virtual.
Thank you for you patience and cooperation.
NOX Dojo Kancho
*Karate Canada Guidelines: https://files.trackie.com/uploads/email-attachment/2020-10-16-13-42-23-1163590203-527152.pdf