Have you ever found yourself in need of a workout partner to hold a paddle while you kick for accuracy training? Perhaps it is one of those lazy days when you need an external target to motivate you to kick higher. Well this cheap and easy to make accuracy rocket base is all you need.
Here is what you will need:
- Click Here, Download, and Print this template for your accuracy rocket base.
- 1 thin cardboard about 24″ x 17″ to draw out and cut the template. I used 2 old file folders and taped them together.
- Enough thick cardboard to make 4 legs of the base. I used an old Amazon boxes.
- Masking Tape
- Pool Noodle
The tools you need are:
- Straight Edge
- Tape Measure
- Box Cutter with a sharp blade (Ask mom and dad to help please)
- A pair of scissors if needed (optional)
Here are the steps
- Step 1: Draw the template on the thin cardboard.
- Trace the template onto the thick cardboard with the marker.
- Cut out using the box cutter. Repeat and make 4 pieces.
- Using the straight edge, fold the legs out.
- Attach all 4 legs together using masking tape.
- Use tape to close the top and bottom tubes
- Insert pool noodle and measure hip height. mark at the hip bone.
- Make a cut, then use a small piece of cardboard to make dowel.
- Insert into the hip height and make another measurement under the chin. Mark it and cut.
- Do the same for the top of the head and you have a stand that indicates kicks for 3 height levels.